The LCRSS High School Committee (HSC) discusses and facilitates opportunities for the member high schools of the LCRSS (as societies and at the administrative level) to share resources and to work together addressing issues and challenges specific to operating a Reformed Christian high school in Ontario.
Offices and Terms
The Committee should be comprised of the principal and one board member from each LCRSS Member High School. The Board of Directors of the LCRSS will appoint a liaison who will sit on the Committee. The League Coordinator will also be a member of the Committee.
The Committee has three offices: Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary. The Secretary will be appointed on a rotating basis to record and distribute minutes of meetings.
Membership in the committee is determined by position within the high school society or the LCRSS. As such there are no terms of membership. If a committee member is unable to attend one of the meetings, they are encouraged to find a suitable alternate to attend.
Frequency of Meeting
As required, with a minimum of 3 times per year. Suggested meeting months are August, November, and March.
The High School Committee:
- Maintains a relationship to facilitate synergy between LCRSS high schools and the LCRSS
- Provides input and feedback on policies and procedures applicable to running a Reformed Christian High School
- Addresses topical issues common to High Schools as they arise
- Organizes professional development activities for the staff of LCRSS high schools (for example, planning a High
School Teachers Conference or suggesting high school-specific workshops that would be of value to present at
the annual LCRSS Teachers Convention).
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a strategy for attracting career teachers to Reformed schools
- Provides minutes of all HSC meetings to the LCRSS Directors.
- Prepares a budget, if needed, for committee expenses to be presented annually to the Directors of the LCRSS by
Henk Nobel (Emmanuel Christian High School Principal) – email@example.com
Duane Koster (Emmanuel Christian High School Board Representative) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Heemskerk (Guido de Bres Christian High School Principal) – email@example.com
David Kampen (Guido de Bres Christian High School Board Representative) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike VanderDeen (Providence Reformed Collegiate Principal) – email@example.com
Frank Werkema (Providence Reformed Collegiate Board Representative) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Hutchinson (LCRSS Liaison, Chair) – email@example.com
Gerrit Bos (LCRSS Liaison, Vice-Chair) – firstname.lastname@example.org
John Wynia (LCRSS Coordinator) – email@example.com